8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania - Hobart and Cradle Mountain
8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania – Hobart and Cradle Mountain
Experience Australia's true wilderness while breathing in the world's cleanest air alongside an abundance of native animals such as wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian devils. Your Tasmanian adventure will include the capital Hobart and a journey into the western wilds of the Cradle Mountain region. From Hobart, enjoy a wildlife cruise and visit to Port Arthur Historic Site, a scenic flight over the beautiful beaches of the east coast, landing on Maria Island for a wildlife walk and gourmet seafood picnic. Explore the Cradle Mountain region from your Wilderness Retreat including an After Dark Tour to see Tasmanian devils and other native wildlife. Hikers and walkers will enjoy the opportunity to visit World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park with its magnificent scenery.
- 4 nights in Hobart at Rydges Hobert in a Manor King room including full breakfast
- 3 nights in Cradle Mountain at Lemonthyme Wilderness Retreat in a Wilderness Cabin
- 8 day Avis Rental Car – automatic Hyundai i20 or similar
- Full Day Tasman Island Cruise & Port Arthur Historic Site
- Take a full day tour from your hotel and spend a day on the Tasman Peninsula including return transfers, 3 hour Wilderness Cruise, 3 hours at Port Arthur Historic Site, morning tea and lunch. Robert Pennicott's award-winning three hour wilderness and wildlife cruise takes you along the spectacular coastline between Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur. Travel beneath the highest vertical sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere at Cape Pillar, and explore waterfalls, rock formations, archways and deep sea caves. The coastline is home to a variety of wildlife including seals, migrating whales, dolphins and abundant sea birds. The custom built boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife with covered open-aired seating providing an excellent all round view and connection with the environment. After the cruise, spend the afternoon discovering one of Australia’s most important heritage destinations, where the story of Australia’s colonial history is written in stone and brick. Meet some of the people who have passed through this place, walk where their stories unfolded, and learn about Port Arthur’s evolution from a feared convict settlement to a World Heritage-listed Historic Site.
- Par Avion scenic flight with Maria Island stopover & wildlife walk
- Par Avion Wilderness Tours will take you on a flight over the top of the Freycinet Peninsula on Tasmania's East Coast to discover pink granite mountains, secluded bays, crystal clear waters and pristine white beaches. Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay, Tassie's most iconic white sand beach, before soaring over the seal colony at Ile Des Phoques towards Maria Island. Here you'll land and set off on an exploration of the island national park. Wander through forests of beautiful blue and white gums and keep your eyes peeled for rare and endangered species including the swift parrot and Tasmanian devil. Kangaroos and wombats are often spotted roaming freely around the island. In an hour and a half you'll discover all of the highlights including the untouched beaches, convict history and remarkable shell fossil beds. Enjoy a gourmet seafood picnic and Tasmanian premium wine before re-boarding the plane for a scenic journey back to Hobart.
- Private Premium Night Tour at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- An opportunity to meet the unique Bettong, Echidna and many other native nocturnal animals living in the "Noah's Ark of Australian Wildlife".
- After Dark Feeding Tour at Devils @ Cradle Tasmanian Devil Sanctuary
- Explore the mysterious world of the Tasmanian devil at Devils @ Cradle Tasmanian devil sanctuary located just 500m from the entrance to the cradle Mountain National Park the sanctuary boasts stunning views of Cradle Mountain.
- Travel2 After Hours Travel Assistance