8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania - Hobart and Freycinet
8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania – Hobart and Freycinet
Experience Australia's true wilderness while breathing in the world's cleanest air alongside an abundance of native animals such as wallabies, wombats and platypus. Your Tasmanian journey will include the capital Hobart and the famous natural beauty that is Freycinet National Park. Kayak with local platypus in their natural habitat and see the little penguins return to their nests in Bicheno. Take a scenic flight over the beautiful beaches of the east coast, landing on Maria Island for a wildlife walk and gourmet seafood picnic. Your Wineglass Bay cruise will ensure you leave this unique island still dreaming of the magnificent scenery.
- 4 nights in Hobart at Rydges Hobart in a Manor King room including full breakfast
- 3 nights in Coles Bay at Freycinet Lodge in a one bedroom cabin including full breakfast
- 8 day Avis Rental Car – automatic Hyundai i20 or similar
- Par Avion scenic flight with Maria Island stopover & wildlife walk
- Par Avion Wilderness Tours will take you on a flight over the top of the Freycinet Peninsula on Tasmania's East Coast to discover pink granite mountains, secluded bays, crystal clear waters and pristine white beaches. Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay, Tassie's most iconic white sand beach, before soaring over the seal colony at Ile Des Phoques towards Maria Island. Here you'll land and set off on an exploration of the island national park. Wander through forests of beautiful blue and white gums and keep your eyes peeled for rare and endangered species including the swift parrot and Tasmanian devil. Kangaroos and wombats are often spotted roaming freely around the island. In an hour and a half you'll discover all of the highlights including the untouched beaches, convict history and remarkable shell fossil beds. Enjoy a gourmet seafood picnic and Tasmanian premium wine before re-boarding the plane for a scenic journey back to Hobart.
- Paddle with the Platypus Kayak Adventure
- Travel downstream by kayak through active platypus feeding pools along the picturesque River Derwent. Retrace the platypus’s 100 million year evolution, discover why & how they thrive on a ‘hidden’ stretch of the River Derwent and gain many opportunities to observe wild platypus transform from shy to playful in their Tasmanian habitat. Sit back and enjoy the soft currents of the river, passing through private farmlands before pause en route to enjoy a locally chef-prepared tasting platter showcasing award-winning and often hand-picked fresh produce.
- Bicheno Penguin Tour
- A guided walking tour through the natural habitat of the little blue penguin. Tours take place in the evenings after dusk. See the penguins coming home from the sea to their nest sites. The guide will give a commentary which encompasses the life cycle and other interesting facts on the penguins.
- Wineglass Bay Vista Lounge
- Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on the Freycinet Peninsula aboard the Schouten Passage 11, on the 4.5 hour eco-cruise with award-winning Wineglass Bay Cruises. The Vista Lounge boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, comfortable indoor and spacious outdoor viewing decks.The journey is spectacular, you will experience stunning scenery, including sheer granite cliffs, abundant wildlife and a rare, intimate perspective of one of Tasmanian's most extraordinary places. At anchor you will be served a Tasmanian seasonal grazing platter.
- Qantas Vacations After Hours Travel Assistance