8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania - Hobart and Maria Island Walk
8 Day Wild & Tame Tasmania – Hobart and Maria Island Walk
Experience Australia's true wilderness and experience an abundance of native animals such as wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian devils. From Hobart, you’ll encounter Tasmania’s unique wildlife on a Private Premium Night Tour, explore the Tasman Peninsula on a wildlife cruise and visit World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site. Your four day Maria Island Guided Walk is a delightful blend of rare Tasmanian wildlife, convict heritage, elegant accommodation and gourmet dining, and will ensure you leave this unique island still dreaming of the magnificent scenery.
- 4 nights in Hobart at Rydges Hobart in a Manor King room including full breakfast.
- 8 day Avis Rental Car – automatic Hyundai i20 or similar
- 4 Day / 3 night guided Maria Island Walk
- Based on a beautiful island national park with a resident population of just two park rangers and their one car, the walk is a delightful blend of rare Tasmanian wildlife, convict heritage, elegant accommodation and gourmet dining. Groups are small with maximum ten guests and two local guides and they enjoy gentle walking on pristine beaches and through ancient forests by day and then at night relax with candlelit dining and fine Tasmanian wines. As the group travels the length of the island, guests stay in two superb beachfront camps, then indulge in a final night banquet at the heritage listed Bernacchi House in the convict settlement of Darlington. So each night guests sleep in a comfortable bed in elegant surrounds. The walk covers thirty kilometers in four days on gentle paths or firm beaches. It’s easygoing with plenty of chances to relax.
- Full Day Tasman Island Cruise & Port Arthur Historic Site
- Take a full day tour from your hotel and spend a day on the Tasman Peninsula including return transfers, 3 hour Wilderness Cruise, 3 hours at Port Arthur Historic Site, morning tea and lunch. Robert Pennicott's award-winning three hour wilderness and wildlife cruise takes you along the spectacular coastline between Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur. Travel beneath the highest vertical sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere at Cape Pillar, and explore waterfalls, rock formations, archways and deep sea caves. The coastline is home to a variety of wildlife including seals, migrating whales, dolphins and abundant sea birds. The custom built boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife with covered open-aired seating providing an excellent all round view and connection with the environment. After the cruise, spend the afternoon discovering one of Australia’s most important heritage destinations, where the story of Australia’s colonial history is written in stone and brick. Meet some of the people who have passed through this place, walk where their stories unfolded, and learn about Port Arthur’s evolution from a feared convict settlement to a World Heritage-listed Historic Site.
- Private Premium Night Tour at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- An opportunity to meet the unique Bettong, Echidna and many other native nocturnal animals living in the "Noah's Ark of Australian Wildlife".
- Travel2 After Hours Travel Assistance